Founded in 1809, Washington Township contains 27.5 square miles in northwestern Franklin County, southwestern Delaware County and southeastern Union County. The entire City of Dublin is located within the Township and is part of the greater Columbus metropolitan region.
The Township and the City of Dublin is comprised of over 48,000 residents and is home to the PGA Memorial Tournament and Dublin Irish Festival. Several large businesses are within the Township service area including Cardinal Health, OCLC, and Wendy’s International.
Washington Township is governed by an elected board of trustees and an elected fiscal officer. Day-to-day operations are managed by a trustee-appointed professional administrator and professional fire chief.
• Receives over 6,000 calls annually – 75 percent are EMS calls.
• Conducts nearly 2,000 fire code compliance inspections annually.
• Maintains four fire stations located at 6255 Shier Rings Road, 4497 Hard Road,
5825 Brand Road and 5750 Blazer Parkway, and an administration and fire training facility at 6200 Eiterman Road.
• Employs 112 full-time and 15-30 part-time professional firefighters.
• One of only nine fire departments in Ohio and one of 288 in the world that is accredited by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International and has an ISO-1 rating.
Fast Facts on Washington Township:
• 97 percent of our full-time firefighters are certified paramedics.
• One of only 10 accredited fire departments in Ohio and one of only 373 in the world (as of February 2020).
• Average response time is 5 1/2 minutes or le
Rep/Contact InfoMelanie AmatoCommunications Manager
Denise Franz KingAlec O'ConnellEric Richter
- Phone: (614) 652-3928
- Send an Email